Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tour de Southern Wisconsin

Yesterday went for a long one. 112.69 (approx...ha...) miles starting at home, and heading north through southern Wisconsin, ending up at Lake Geneva for a kids birthday party with the family. Beautiful ride. Even a few nice climbs in and around Lake Geneva. That's the ONE THING I sorely miss riding in these parts. Hills. Massive, thigh burning climbs. The Catskills had lots of 'em. Nothing anywhere around here compares. The chest cold is now gone. Green light for the few days of long miles between now and Sunday, and then a easy taper week heading in to Racine 70.3. My friends tell me the down time last week won't hurt me. My experience tells me they're right. If there's a weak spot in my training disciplines, it's not building in sufficient recovery after long or hard efforts, or long hard efforts. A good, hardy chest infection will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment